Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Week 8 - All Game...little instruction

After 8 incredible weeks of drills and instruction, we played our first full evening of games. Everyone appeared to be very excited. Our instructors stepped back to see what we could do. Of course, they didn't stray far as we needed lots of help with the strategy and shot selection.




It was difficult for me to pay attention to the other sheets and how the other games were going but from what I did see, people seem pretty eager to put on their 'game faces' to show off their skills. It is great to see us, as a group, be so excited about and focused on good technique - a good release - proper wait - sweeping hard; yet still have huge smiles whether a good outcome was achieved or not.


With us now starting to play games we can hopefully start learning the strategy side, not say we aren't going to still work on the physical skills. But I think the real fun will be when a team begins to plan their shots and execute them with some consistancy.


Even though we are not yet really keeping tabs, my competitive side is starting to take over....I am 2-0 for the little games we've played (just for the record).


Quote of the Night

"I just did a double takeout....it wasn't what the skip called and wasn't what I was aiming at, but it was so cool"


I would love to get some feedback from others especially from our instructors of our progress. Looking forward to the XMAS dinner in a couple of weeks!



What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment