Thursday, January 14, 2010

Almost the greatest comeback in the history of Tues nights

It was a tough night of curling. We started with hope and confidence. By the end of the first end, they stole 3 and we were stunned!

Our initial tactic was simple....through up a guard or two and get some stones the house. What a disaster! We couldn't figure out how fast the ice was or how much it was going to curl. Not to mention Cameron and his team threw some great shots.

I went straight for the bar....I can't even remember the 2nd end, but I am sure they got another point. Then they got 2 more in the 3rd or forth. SH@#!!!! Losing 6-0 just like that.

However, in the 5 end our tactic changed - through everything into the house and try to sort it out later. It worked. I was looking at scoring 5 if I could draw around 2 guards and hold it in house. Unfortunately, I rubbed the guard and it touched Daniel's foot then came to rest inside the 12foot, we were credited 3...it started our comeback. Our spirits lifted. We blanked 6th end....leaving all the marbles on the table for the final end (we only had time to play 7 ends).

Still trying to get as many rocks in the house as possible. We filled the house and the front was filled with guards. We were counting 4 and I had two attempts to put up a guard. I, of course, missed...but only just. I ended up knocking one of their stones in, we are now looking at 3. It looks like we are going to tie. Not bad, down 6-0, we were looking at 6-6...there was no way Cameron was going to pull off anything with his last shot.

WRONG - Another great shot Cameron...my congratulations. It came to rest inside 2 of my 4 stones.

Final score 6-5....almost the greatest comeback in the history of Tues night league!

4 comments:

  1. You guys played great nonetheless. At least the benefit of not making the comeback is the free beer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too kind. I think we would have gladly bought the round...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll get'em next time. It's on like Donkey Kong. We need to redeem ourselves.

    R.

    ReplyDelete