Thursday, January 28, 2010

Another Victory



First, I have to congratulate the Ottawa Curling Club crew of Rachel Homan, Emma Miskew, Laura Crocker and Lynn Kreviazuk (Rachel and Lynn two of our instructors).

Great news for our program...there is going to be a curling bonspiel for the different first year curlers in the city in April, 4 or 5 clubs. A real chance to showcase our talents and a chance for our instructors to compare their coaching abilities....bragging rights are at stake. There is only room for 16 teams to take part and there are at least 3 teams from our club wanting to take part.

It was a good showing for our team...Ashley, Daniel and Rob. Right out of the gates we (I think) seemed to be in control of the game and stuck to the game plan. Both teams did a good job of trying different and making shots to force better shots from the others. We all managed to make some great shots...we just made them a few more times.


At the start I had some balance issues, fell flat on my face when I threw my first rock. Since I started throwing with a broom and not the stabilizer I have been struggling. Went back to the stabilizer in the middle of the game and issues seemed to be resolved. It's a lot easier and less to think about. Thanks for the advice Kiley!

Nothing really funny happened in our game....anyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment